Our Office’s Safety Precautions
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Prior to your appointment, we will text you a health history screening. If you answer yes to any of these questions, we may ask you details of your situation and/or to reschedule your appt.
- Call or text the office when you arrive for your appointment and we will let you know when we are ready for you to enter. Parents, companions, and children should wait in the car or run an errand. Please call us if you have specific questions regarding your account or treatment. If you would like to come in to speak to Dr. Hobson or the front desk directly, please stay in the reception area and practice social distancing. We would prefer to only have patients in the clinic at this time.
- We ask that anyone who enters our office wear a mask or face covering. Staff members in our office will always be wearing masks .
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. We will also have you brush your teeth (if you were unable to do so at home) and rinse with Listerine for 30 seconds before entering the clinic in order to reduce viral and bacterial loads in the mouth.
- We will also take your temperature using an infrared thermometer.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, coffee and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. Patients will be placed in every other chair, at a 12-foot distance. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment due to a decrease in the number of appointments each day.
- Our office is now equipped with a plexiglass sneeze guard barrier in the front office and several plexiglass partitions in the clinic.
- Our staff is also following routine cleaning and disinfecting strategies.